“Dad, come on. I don’t wanna be late.” Steph
was holding the door to his suite and yelled for her father.
“Steph, relax. It’s hours before the show
starts.” Jon tried to calm her. She would be modelling for Richie’s collection
today and was extremely nervous.
“We have to rehearse and make sure the clothes
fit perfectly and then hair and make-up….come on, there are tons of things to
do, Dad.” Jon could see Dot smirking in the background. She told him his
normally so controlled daughter would freak out, but he didn’t believe her. He
slightly shook his head.
“Ok,…listen why don’t you and mom already go
over and I follow in a couple minutes, ok?” Steph nodded a little stressed. Jon
walked over to her before she could close the door.
“Hey, babygirl…” she turned back and he pulled
her into a big hug.
“You will be great. You don’t have to worry.
Mom will be backstage and I will be sitting in the front row and cheer as soon
as you step on that runway, ok?” he tried to wash her worries away.
“But not too loud. And don’t you dare to make a
fucking scene and..don’t…” he groaned and put his hand over her mouth.
“Ok, ok, I get it. I won’t embarrass you. I
promise.” He placed a kiss on her forehead and reluctantly let her go.
“Have fun. I’ll see you later.” He winked at
her when she rolled her eyes about his comment. Jon shook his head lightly and
took a deep breath after he closed the door.
“Kimi, are ready. Steph is already close to a
heart attack.” He walked towards their bedroom to look for her.
“I’m not going Jon.” Kim told him calmly.
“What do you mean, you ain’t going?” He looked
at her confused. She was sitting in one of those comfortable armchairs by the
window and reading a book.
“Look…” she sighed and put the book away.
“There will be tons of photographers, and not
only because this is Richie’s collection, but also because they know you are
coming….btw Richie brought over this jacket over there. He said maybe you wanna
wear it. It’s from the men’s line.”
Kim pointed at a black jacket with red
applications that was hanging at one of the doors of the closet. Jon checked it
out.
“Yeah, why not…I like it.” He watched her for a
few seconds.
“I would be with you all the time. I promise I
won’t let those pap-rats too close.” She smiled softly and wrapped her arms
around his waist.
“I know. But I don’t want you to worry and
concentrate on me the whole time, I want you to focus on your daughter and on
Richie’s work. I’ll watch the show with Ava and Gabby on the internet. Ok?” She
tried to persuade him.
“What about Steph?” he asked frowning.
“Jon, she knows. She was the one who pointed
out that there will be live stream. Do you really think I would just stay here
and not talk with her about it? It’s her big day.” She sounded a little angry.
“No, no…uhm…no,….ok, it’s fine. I’ll cheer for
both of us.” He knew it was time to back off or he would find the suite empty
again when he would return from the show.
“But don’t embarrass her, Jon.” He rolled his
eyes.
“What is it with you girls today? When did I
ever embarrass her?” Kim crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave him a
long look. He snorted.
“Ok, ok..I get it. Me not rockstar, but embarrassing
old father.” Kim laughed.
“Not that old, baby.”
“Ha, ha…thanks a lot.” He grab the jacket and
open the closet to find a shirt and some pants to go with it. Luckily the
jacket was overall black.
Kim watched him pushing his clothes around with
a little too much force. He didn’t like it that she was staying in. She knew it
would cause questions again in the tabloids, but she still wasn’t every
comfortable being around a lot of people.
“You know, maybe David or Tico wanna join you
for the show.” She softly suggested when he nearly ripped a shirt out of the
closet.
“T is out with his family.” He grumbled.
“Then ask David.” She tried really hard not to
laugh. He was acting like one of little sons when they wouldn’t get ice cream
for dessert.
“Yeah…maybe.” He didn’t seemed too thrilled.
“You two really should get together more often,
now that the Tony’s are over.” Kim said looking up from her book.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” he looked at
her a bit angry. She looked right back and one of her eyebrows rose.
“I’m sorry.” He said and sank down to the bed.
“Jon, I was just pointing out that David was
under a lot of stress getting the musical ready and then preparing for the Tony
awards. He didn’t have a lot of time. Now you two can do things together
again.” He only nodded. Kim nearly snorted at his stubbornness.
He was having a hard time dealing with David’s
success. You could literally see him avoiding the keyboard player during the
day and only talking about show related stuff with him. David told her, he was
a little hurt about it, but on the other hand knew Jon well enough to
understand and tolerate his behaviour. Well, maybe he was, but she wouldn’t.
“It would also be a good opportunity to
congratulate him on winning those Tony’s.” she pointed out after a small
silence.
“I did congratulate him.” Jon said petulant.
“Yeah, I saw that, 30 seconds before you guys
hit the stage. And with a bad joke right behind. If he would have done that
with one of your solo projects, you would be grumpy and not talk to him.”
“Not true.” He pouted. She shook her head.
“Ok, maybe true.” He sighed. “I just don’t
know…..I mean,…he never…..I always thought ….”
“…that you would be the big shot and he would
only be in the back, right?” Jon was pressing his lips together, she could see right
through him and he was a little embarrassed by his behaviour. But had to admit,
it felt weird that David was getting all this attention lately.
“Ok, now you listen, Jon. He knows you since
you were 16, was always supportive, was happy for your Golden Globe and showed
up at your movie premieres, right?” Jon only nodded. She seemed really mad.
“So, you get dressed and move your ass over
there to tell him what an amazing job he did with his second musical, that you
are fucking proud that he won those awards, and you will invite him to the show
and dinner, understood?” He gulped before being able to talk.
“Yes, dear.”

Lol, you better do as you were told Jon and make nice with David.
ReplyDeleteI understand she is still uncomfortable being around a lot of people but I wish Kim was going with Jon and sharing Stephanie's big moment with him.
I like Kim. Very well done! She knows how to push Jon's buttons to get him to do the right things.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kris for the new chapter!